REAL Services, Inc. Area 2 Agency on Aging with AARP Michiana
Monday, 2 pm, St. Paul's Sanctuary, 3606 S. Ironwood Drive, SB, 46614
Speaker: SHIP Counselor Mr. Virgil Mincy of Real Services, Inc.
SHIP Counselors offer free guidance on how to navigate the websites and choices. They do NOT sell any insurance.
To sign-up for an appointment:
Appointments are available until December 7th
Ms. Megan Rogers, BA
Intake Team Leader
1151 S. Michigan Street, SB, 46601
* New Medicare Cards will be mailed out WITHOUT a Social Security # on them
* Premiums for Part B are not announced yet
* Part F Plan will end in 2020
* There are 165 improvements that were part of the Affordable Care Act, so repealing may effect Medicare
* Multiple pharmacies may be in your plan, but Rx costs will differ, so shop the prices
* Be sure to get Travelers Insurance if you plan to be out of your local area since your Medicare Plan may only cover doctors and services in your local area
HEALTH INSURANCE OPTIONS:
* Traditional Medicare
* Traditional Medicare with Prescription Drug Plan
* Traditional Medicare with Supplement Plan + PDP
* Medicare Advantage Plan, which includes PDP
PART A PLAN - Blood, Home Health Services, Hospice Care, Inpatient Hospital Care, After deductible, no coinsurance for days 1-60 of each benefit period
PART B PLAN - After deductible, 80% of all Medicare Approved services other than those covered in Part A
MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLANS:
* 10 Standardized Plans A - N
* 40 Companies available in St. Joseph County, Indiana, +/- offering some of all of these plans
* Premiums vary from lowest cost up to double for the same plan
MEDICARE PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLANS:
* 26 Plans available in St. Joseph County, Indiana for 2018
* Premiums vary from $17.70 to $157.40
* If no drugs, no reason to enroll in any plan other than the lowest premium
* If you do take Rx's, use the "Plan Finder" to find the lowest cost plan for the year
* Most plans have "preferred pharmacies" NOTE: Costs can be different and some plans are not accepted by some pharmacies
MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLANS:
* 16 Plans, including Rx drugs for 2018
* 1 PFFS
* 7 PPO
* 7 HMO
* 1 HMO-POS
* 2 new companies for 2018 - Meridian and Allwell
* Continuing plans include Humana, Anthem and United (AARP)
* Need to enter Rx to evaluate costs
* Evaluate providers in the Network, whether HMO imposes unwanted restrictions or whether HMO benefits offset restrictions
* Conversely, if drug cost is favorable, PPO plan may provide more flexibility regarding providers
* Out of pocket spending limits should be considered. These limits either limit or increase ones risk for total medical out of pocket cost.
This varies among the available plans from $4,100 to $6,700 in network.
This information was provided by SHIOP Counselor Mr. Virgil Mincy, Real Services, Inc.
For more meetings or articles #MichianaObserver
Citizens attending community events to inform other Citizens.